Chronic kidney disease (CKD) refers to all five stages of kidney damage. It starts from very mind damage – the stage 1 and ends in complete kidney failure – the stage 5. The goal of the blog is to make you aware of the first stage so that you don’t end up with the fifth stage!
So without any further delay, let’s start!
Stage 1 CKD
Though your kidneys are healthy and working well- the first stage means that you have mild kidney damage. When you have discovered that you have the stage one CKD- here’s how to slow down the process
- Controlling your blood sugar when you have diabetes
- Controlling your blood pressure
- Eating a healthy diet
- Avoiding tobacco consumption
- 30 minutes of exercise- 5 days a week
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
Stage 2 CKD
“Well, your kidneys are still working well even when you have reached the second stage” – says the best nephrologist in Agartala. But still you need to be cautious because your kidneys are damaged further even when your eGFR rate is normal. Repeat the care measures mentioned in the stage 1 CKD segment to prevent further damage.
Stage 3 CKD
When you have reached the third stage of chronic kidney disease, there will be symptoms like
- Back pain
- Swelling in your hands and feet
- Urinating more or less than normal
- High blood pressure
- Bone disease
Besides, repeating the care measures mentioned for the first two stages, you must visit a qualified and experienced nephrologist now! If you reside somewhere in Tripura, contact the best kidney doctor in Agartala to develop an active treatment plan along with him/her. Plus, you need to meet a dietician who will help you to follow a healthy diet to prevent the further damage.
Stage 4 CKD
You should take the fourth stage very seriously as it is the last stage before a complete kidney failure. The symptoms of the stage will be the same like the third stage of chronic kidney failure. However, the prevention plan will be a bit more extensive this time.
You need to
- Have regular appointment with the concerned kidney doctor
- Have regular appointment with your dietician
- Preparing for regular dialysis
- Preparing for a kidney transplant surgery
Stage 5 CKD
- This is the final stage of chronic kidney disease. In the fifth stage, you will have symptoms like
- Muscle cramps
- Feeling sick
- Swelling of hands and feet
- Back pain
- Trouble sleeping
- Trouble breathing
When you have reached the final stage of CKD, unfortunately, you need a successful course of kidney transplant surgery, done by the best kidney doctor near you. In case, you live in Tripura, the best nephrology doctor in Agartala has performed multiple successful kidney transplant surgeries throughout the years.